National Privacy Principles
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality is fundamental to the way we care for people.
Your privacy is important to us
The Salvation Army is committed to upholding the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Our Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring that our privacy policies are adhered to.
Collecting and keeping your personal information safe
The Salvation Army collects and stores information about donors to:
- maintain contact with our Donors
- inform our supporters about the role and extent of our work and mission
- comply with necessary business and accounting standards
- comply with Australian Taxation Office requirements.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy.
How we will use your personal information
- Administer and manage our mailing appeals
- Inform you about our work in the community
- Provide information to Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law. (Eg. Australian Taxation Office if required)
- To research and develop our appeals for funds
Sharing your information
We disclose information to external service providers such as:
- mailing houses
- Information technology service providers.
These companies are strictly prohibited from using this information for any other purpose. We do not supply our database information to other marketing organisations.
How you can access your information
You have the right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to, please let us know. For security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing. To enable us to verify your request we require you to advise the following:
- Your Donor Number
- Full name
- Phone number.
A fee is not normally charged for providing information to you. We reserve the right to charge for any extraordinary cost incurred in providing you with a copy of information about you held in our records.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions in relation to Privacy please contact us at 02 9266 9530 or your local Public Relations Office between 9.00am & 5.00pm Monday – Friday. Alternatively you can write to our Privacy Officer at PO Box A229, Sydney South 1232.