Red Shield Appeal Doorknock
To register your interest for the Doorknock in May, please fill in the form below.
The Red Shield Appeal is The Salvation Army's annual fundraising drive and the national doorknock at the end of May is a major component.
In 2014 the Doorknock will take place over the weekend of 24-25 May and we need 100,000 volunteer collectors to help make the doorknock a success!
- Register to become a doorknock volunteer and discover the feel-good effect of helping others!
- View the future dates of the Doorknock
Why we need your help
Volunteers are the lifeblood of The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal doorknock. When you volunteer, you help raise vital funds for the running of The Salvation Army’s vast network of social services. It may mean a roof to someone without a home, or education support for a child at risk of dropping out of school.
Being part of the Doorknock is lots of fun and the best rewards are the sense of community and the feel-good of helping others. Here's what's involved:
- Takes around two or three hours of your time - whatever you're prepared to give. Most people stay out for a few hours, some like to keep collecting all day
- The main focus is on Sunday morning, but you can collect anytime over the weekend
- Organise a team of five if you would like to collect with friends or workmates. Many people turn the annual doorknock into a social event with a barbecue afterwards. It's also a great way to meet new friends!
- All volunteers are presented with a McDonalds voucher when they finish. Collectors are also presented with a certificate, which many young people like to include with their resume.
How do I register?
All volunteer collectors must be registered to participate in the doorknock. You can register online by filling in the form below or by phoning the volunteer hotline 13 SALVOS (13 72 58). A local doorknock co-ordinator will then contact you closer to the time and give you information about arrangements in your area.
Online Registrations will close on Thursday 22nd of May at 4:00pm