Parking and Public Transport
Parramatta Salvation Army is currently split across three sites, while we prepare for our new church home at 426 Church Street, Parramatta. For a list of each activity and its current location, please refer to our homepage.
There are plenty of transport options avaliable to our three current sites.
Sunday Church & Friday Kids/Youth Activities
60 Good Street, Granville
There is plenty of on-street parking available on and around Good Street, Granville. Please look at the below chart to see the recommended parking locations on Sundays.
The GREEN LINES denotes available street parking.
Please save the street parking with ORANGE LINES for those less mobile. There is to be NO PARKING for the congregation inside the church driveway/property.
IMPORTANT: Most of the on-street parking has restricted parking times during Mondays to Saturdays.
The walk from Granville Train Station to the church is 400 metres and takes approximately 5 minutes. From the north side of the station, walk onto Bridge Street and turn right onto Good Street. Proceed north, crossing the Great Western Highway (Parramatta Road) at the traffic lights. The church will then be ahead on your left on the corner of Victoria Street.
The walk from Parramatta Train Station to the church is a 1.8 Km walk and will take approximately 23 minutes. Follow the blue dots on the map above (there are also two alternate routes marked in grey). The routes marked are quite flat (there is a slight downhill on your way to the church).
Please refer to the Transport for NSW website for detailed train route information.
There are a number of bus services that stop at Alfred Street, and the Granville Train Station. Please refer to the Transport for NSW website for detailed route information.
We run a mini-bus shuttle to and from the church at Granville, our new building at 426 Church Street Parramatta and our old building at 34 Smith Street Parramatta for the Sunday church services. The shuttle will be provided for a 6 week trial basis from 18th March 2018 to 29th April 2018. If it is proven popular the shuttles will be continued.
- 426 Church Street – The shuttle will leave from the driveway (on Grose St)
- 34 Smith Street – The shuttle will leave from the bus stop facing Smith St
- 60 Good Street – The shuttle will leave from the bus stop facing Good St
Connect Site, Doorways, & Administration Office
426 Church Street, Parramatta
Our Connect Site, Doorways service, and Administration Office are currently located in Shop 4, 426 Church Street, Parramatta. This is located conveniently on bus routes, and has parking on-site.
- Train: Catch a train to the Parramatta Interchange, then ride the free Parramatta Shuttle Bus to the corner of Gross Street & Church Street (directly outside our building).
- Bus: There are a large number of bus routes that stop outside our building on Church Street. Routes include 600, 601, 603, 604, 606, 609, 625, 706, M60, and M54.
- Parking: There is free parking available at the rear of the building (entry via Gross Street). Please adhere to the directions on the signage. There is also ticketed on-street parking in Gross Street.
Play Group, Golden Years, English Conversation Groups, & Easy English Bible Study
All Saints Ministry Centre, Corner of Victoria Road & Elizabeth Street, Parramatta
Some of our Extended Ministries are currently held at the All Saints Ministry Centre, on the corner of Victoria Road and Elizabeth Street.
- Train: Catch a train to the Parramatta Interchange, then catch the free Parramatta Shuttle Bus to the Parramatta Wharf stop. You can then walk across the river using the pedestrian bridge, then along Elizabeth Street.
- Bus: There are a number of bus routes that stop on Victoria Road, outside All Saints Church. These include M52, N81, 520, 521, 523, 524, 525, 545, and 550.
- Parking: There is limited, ticketed on-street parking available in Elizabeth Street.
Find the best Public Transport Option
To find the best Public Transport option for you, check the Transport NSW website or call 131 500.