Work for the Dole
What is work for the dole?
Work for the Dole places job seekers in activities where they can gain skills and experience that give back to the community and can help them find a job. Eligible job seekers registered with a jobactive provider will need to participate in Work for the Dole or another approved activity for six months each year to keep receiving their income support if they have mutual obligation requirements.
Why volunteer at Oasis Wyong in the Work for the Dole program?
We offer the opportunity for people to connect with us and gain work experience in the following areas:
The other benefits could include:
- A great way to develop new skills
- A pathway to enhance your work experience
- A means to build confidence and self-esteem
- A way to meet new people and broaden your social connections
- Enhance your health and be active
- A way to say thank you for help you may have received in the past
- To build confidence and self esteem
- To share your skills and knowledge with people more vulnerable in our community
- Making a difference and giving back to the community
If you would like to become a volunteer at Oasis Wyong under the Work for the Dole program you will need to be referred by a JobActive Provider on the Central Coast. Once you have received this referral you can attend our Centre, Monday to Friday, at 9am to complete the following paperwork:
Once your referral has been confirmed with the JobActive provider, and you have completed the Volunteer Registration form and Volunteer Agreement Form, we will discuss with you the days and shifts that are suitable to you and our Program Supervisors.
Once your placement has been confirmed, you will be referred to the next Program Induction, on Thursdays at 10am.