Student Vocational Placement
There are opportunities for people completing tertiary education either Vocational Education and Training (VET) or higher education at university, to complete their student work placement at the Oasis Centre Wyong. Priority will be given to students who are studying in either the community or youth fields. All Student Vocational Placement enquiries will need to complete the intake form below. Approvals for these placements will be considered on:
- What relevant programs and services are running at our Centre
- The number of students that are already completing placement at the Centre
- The number of suitably qualified and available staff and/or volunteers that can supervise the placement
- The quality of the application form
The following process will be followed for all Student Vocational Placement enquiries:
- All student enquiries to complete the Intake form below.
- The Intake form will be reviewed by the Student Vocational Placement Co-Ordinator for suitability and placement availability.
- The outcome from this screening will be - Accepted, Wait Listed or Declined.
- If accepted the student will be contacted to arrange a time to come into the Centre and complete the Student Vocational Placement Contract.
- If a student’s application demonstrates that they will benefit with a placement at the Oasis Centre Wyong they can also be offered the opportunity to be on a waiting list. This may occur when all placements are full. The student will be given the option to schedule a time to start or to start as soon as another student finishes up.
- If there are no opportunities available or the student’s application is seen as being unsuitable they will receive an email informing them that they have not been successful in obtaining student placement with The Salvation Army.
All Student Vocational Placements will be required to provide us with a Working with Children clearance PRIOR to commencement and once approved will be required to attend all induction and orientation training.