The Salvation Army Family Tracing Guidelines and Conditions
Family Members Only
- The Salvation Army Family Tracing Service was established to reconcile living members of immediate families, therefore enquiries are accepted for family members only.
- Both parties (ie. enquirer and missing relative) must be 18 years or over.
Enquiries are not accepted for
- Missing friends
- Genealogical / family tree investigations
- The purpose of any legal proceeding, past, present or contemplated
Searches will not be accepted where
- The person has sought to take legal action to stop the Applicant(s) family contacting or approaching them
- Where the applicant is incarcerated because of actions against the person(s) sought. eg. DVO / AVO
To conduct a search, we require the missing relative's full name, date of birth and proof of relationship.
Information required from Applicant
- One (1) copy of your birth certificate
- One (1) photo ID document eg. drivers' licence / passport
At least one (1) of the following
- medicare card
- credit card
- healthcare card
- pension card
Proof of relationship
In addition to your birth certificate, it will be necessary to provide relevant documentation to prove your relationship to the person sought, for example
- Copies of court documents (for maintenance)
- Marriage certificate
- Death certificate
Avenues of investigation
The avenues available to The Salvation Army Family Tracing Service are kept confidential and will not be divulged.
The Salvation Army Family Tracing Service will not disclose the whereabouts of the missing relative without the person’s consent
An application is accepted, only with the freedom to state to the missing relative
- the identity of the enquirer
- the enquirer’s contact details
- the enquirer’s reason as to why the contact is desired
This service does not require a registration fee, thus a donation is appreciated (a tax deductible receipt will be issued).
Acceptable methods for donation are
|Cheques / money orders||Payable to The Salvation Army Family Tracing Service|
Online or in any Westpac branch
|Credit card||Contact Family Tracing office for a form. Please note a 2% surcharge applies|
Case reference number
One receipt of your signed and completed Application Form, if we are able to proceed, a case reference number will be given, which must be quoted when you contact Family Tracing about the search.
You will be contacted, should any positive developments arise in your case. However, please understand that our enquiries may take some time to negotiate.
The Salvation Army reserves the right
- to refuse any search application
The Salvation Army cannot be held responsible for
- any costs
- any legal expenses
incurred as a consequence of locating the relative on your behalf.
Your personal files
The Salvation Army will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information that it holds, from misuse and loss, from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.
Once your file is closed, we will retain your documents for a period of 2 years. After this time, we will take reasonable steps to destroy and permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.