Housing and homelessness support
If you’re experiencing homelessness or are in need of emergency accommodation, we want to help. We can help you find a place to sleep, eat, and shower, and provide you with ways to access any support services you need.
We want to help you make lifestyle choices that will enhance your quality of life, and enable you to live independently while feeling connected to a supportive community. Our programs and services equip you with the tools you need to live a positive and healthy lifestyle.
Reach out if you need help:
- remaining safely in your home or finding alternative safe accommodation for you and your family
- with food and clothing and other resources
- with healthcare needs through a local medical centre
- with legal and safety issues
- meeting the needs of your children, including childcare facilities and case management
- seeking emotional support
- bringing in an income through employment and/or Centrelink options
- accessing future long-term accommodation
- finding resources and support including social support, community connection and activities
Food and meals
We understand it can be a struggle to afford basic necessities, especially with a family, which is why we have community meals, cafes and food stores that you can access.
If you’re struggling, you’re not alone. A survey of our clients found that 61% of respondents go without meals regularly. If you’re stressed about feeding yourself or your family, please reach out to your local Salvos. You can enter your location into the search box below to find their contact details.
Homelessness has many forms and can affect anyone. If your home life is unstable and/or unsafe, you’re living in overcrowded conditions, sleeping on a friend’s couch or roughing it in your car, it can be uncomfortable, dangerous and distressing.
There are a range of accommodation options that are designed to meet your unique situation including:
- emergency and crisis accommodation
- temporary or transitional accommodation or lodgings
- long-term accommodation or community housing
We'll do our best to help you find a suitable place to stay. When suitable accomodation is found, we can help you settle and find the privacy, safety and positive sense of space that everyone needs and deserves.
Please enter your location into the search field below.
Please note: we do not publicise the physical addresses of some of our accommodation facilities to ensure the privacy and protection of residents.
Once you are settled into your own place, and you no longer have to worry about where to sleep each night, you can start to plan ahead.
From here, services such as legal aid, domestic violence support and lifestyle programs can help you develop the skills you need to meet future challenges.
We can help you:
- find a job
- get emotional support
- continue to meet the needs of your children
- continue to access basics like food and clothing
- get help managing your finances with our financial counselling