No Interest Loans
No Interest Loans provide loans for essential items to people on low incomes.
As a No Interest Loans provider, The Salvos provide loans of up to $1,500 for essential items. We will then work with you to create a 12-18 month repayment plan that suits your situation.
Please remember, Salvos No Interest Loans work through community credit. This means when you make a repayment to us, the funds are then available to someone else in the community.
Apply for a No Interest Loan
To apply for a No Interest Loan you must:
- be on a low income (centrelink payment, Health Care card or pension card)
- reside in your current premises for at least 3 months
- be willing to repay your loan over 12-18 months
Important subsidy information for NSW residents
Under the NSW Home Energy Appliance Program (HEA) NSW residents who apply for NILS can save up to 40% off the cost of a new fridge and up to 50% off the cost of a new TV.
No Interest Loans may be used to purchase essential household and personal items, such as:
- washing machines
- health items
- medical and dental equipment or aids, and
- energy efficient appliances
Loans cannot be used for:
- Living expenses such as holidays