Moneycare’s unique financial literacy education program, “You’re the Boss”, has been written in a readily understandable, conversational English format.
The program strives to portray key messages in an empowering and engaging manner. We work on the basis that workshop participants, if given the opportunity and information, can independently and competently manage their own financial affairs.
You're the Boss App
The Salvation Army has developed an app as part of the You're the Boss program. The app is free and provides financial tips, information and other resources to help you stay on top of your money.
We provide 2-3 hour workshops with a focus on our financial literacy program, called “You’re the Boss”. Depending on your circumstances the workshops are best conducted over 2-4 sessions. Our educators are highly trained and experienced, and groups of under 20 are encouraged for an effective learning environment.
The overall program has the following sections:
- Creating new money habits
- Why a budget needn’t be scary
- How to pay the bills on time
- Sorting all those papers
- Insurance that’s right for you
- Making credit work for you
- Don’t get down over debt
- Everyday banking
- Managing everyday expenses
- Taking care of Christmas
- Don’t forget your super
- Shopping smart
- Looking out for scams
- Moneycare tips and other useful contacts
Please note that workshops can be tailored to include the sections that work best for your needs.
An important part of our service is workshop preparation, where we liaise with your organisation to tailor workshops to your needs, and assist with internal promotion.
- If cost is a prohibitive factor for your organisation please contact us however the normal cost is $900 per workshop, plus travel and preparation expenses (including the cost of printing workbooks)
- We ask that you provide a training room, equipment and catering (tea/coffee, water, morning or afternoon tea)
- Clients are also welcome to refer anyone in need to our face-to-face financial counselling service, which is confidential and free of charge
For bookings and enquiries, please fill in the contact form below.
We are grateful for the support of Virgin Money for the initial development of “You’re the Boss” and to IAG for subsequent development of the program.