Sri Lanka Trek 2017
We invite you to seek adventure and truly challenge yourself.
Every step you take as part of the 'Trek for Hope,' from Colombo to Kandy, will raise funds to support Salvation Army programs. These programs do crucial work protecting victims of trafficking and modern slavery, and providing refuge to survivors of family and domestic violence.
Join us on the adventure-of-a-lifetime to Sri Lanka to give hope where its needed most.
Dates: 19-29 October, 2017
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Trip Duration: 11 days
Trek Duration: 6 days
Fundraising target $4,000
This can help provide:
- a safe place for one week for 13 persons fleeing a crisis (eg a domestic / family violence situation), or
- financial counselling for four families that means they are better equipped to be financially stable, or
- 66 food hampers to families in need.
Travel cost: $4,300 ex-Sydney (not including fundraising target)
About the adventure
Explore Colombo and Kandy, visit some of The Salvations Army’s programs for women and children, trek Adam’s Peak before dawn to watch the sunrise over the vast landscape, trek through rainforests, mountains, tea plantations and villages. Experience a culture so different to our own.
What is included?
- International Airfares
- All transfers as per itinerary in air conditioned vehicles
- Accommodation at selected hotels with daily breakfast
- Meals as per itinerary
- Local English-speaking guide
- Forest Ranger for all activites
- Train fare
- Treking permit and entrance fees
- City tour in Kandy, and
- Government taxes
Where will the funds go?
The money you raise will help women, children and families in Australia who are in crisis and have been impacted by domestic violence, homelessness and modern slavery. A donation will also be made to The Salvation Army centre in Colombo which provides refuge for women and children.
Can't join us on the trek? You can still make a difference to families in crisis by donating.