Red Shield Ride
Challenge yourself and be part of history…
In 2019 we will be holding our inaugural annual multi-day bike ride. This challenge will take you from Sydney to Melbourne via Canberra and the Snowy Mountains and some of Australia’s most scenic countryside.
All the while you will be raising valuable funds that will help change lives and bring hope to people in need.
Proposed Dates: April/May 2019 TBC
Ride Duration: 10 days
Route: Sydney to Melbourne via Canberra and Bairnsdale
Minimum Fundraising Target: $5,000. This can provide:
- one week's accommodation for 16 homeless women, or
- 83 food hampers to families in need, or
- support for 55 families who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, with food and shelter, or
- support an alternative education program for 27 disadvantaged youth
Registration Cost: TBC
Level of Difficulty: 5/5 High level of fitness required
About the ride
Setting out from Sydney we will head down the coast through Australia’s oldest national park before heading up the escapement to Canberra. From the nation’s capital we cycle through the challenging Snowy Mountains before returning to the NSW and Victorian coasts. A day in the Dandenongs will test the most serious of riders before we arrive in Melbourne, satisfied that we have fully challenged ourselves and helped raise funds to give hope to people around the country.
What is included with the registration?
- All meals and snacks during the event
- Two cycling kits
- Bike mechanic
- Support vehicles
- Ride in graded pelotons with a team captain
- Help with your fundraising ideas
- And more
Where will the funds go?
The money you raise will go to the Red Shield Appeal and help The Salvation Army help more than one million disadvantaged Australians each year without discrimination, including people who are hungry, homeless, abandoned or abused. That's one person every 30 seconds.