Healthy Faith Communities
We believe that true freedom encompasses body, mind and spirit.
We see every expression of The Salvation Army being an environment that encourages the growth of the whole person.
We see more great leaders emerging as part of healthy, empowered teams.
Healthy Faith Communities is about more than just our corps. It’s about every gathering of staff, volunteers, officers and soldiers being a place of encouragement and growth. It’s about every centre being a place where conversations about spirituality and about Jesus are the norm, whilst being inclusive and respectful of our diversity.
We’ll know we are succeeding when:
- Our faith communities are growing and multiplying
- Passionate prayer and spirituality is embedded in culture throughout the territory
- Increasing numbers of highly competent and courageous people are entering leadership roles
- Empowered team work is the normal leadership model around the territory
- Our faith communities are financially sustainable through the generosity of local members
- Innovative expressions of The Salvation Army are emerging regularly
How you can help
Do you have an idea that could help make a difference in this area? Please leave a comment below and be part of the conversation.