Culture & Leadership
As a key part of the Forward Together plan, we as a territory will be examining our organisational culture and looking for ways to increase the health and vibrancy of our workplaces and mission fields.
We believe that our people are our most valuable resource and we want to make sure that everyone who works or volunteers their time to be part of the mission feels valued, encouraged and supported to fulfil their role throughout the territory.
What would it look like for us to be:
- working in teams and partnerships throughout our whole mission?
- identifying, using and working from people’s strengths and gifts?
- intentionally developing people around us?
- being a positive and optimistic influence in all circumstances?
- transforming society through creating communities of grace and peace?
- being innovative in mission and mission support?
We have already commenced this work at Territorial Headquarters, and in the coming weeks we will be expanding and continuing discussions with the divisions and corps and centres and will be seeking your involvement and feedback.
We see a Salvation Army that values transformational leadership and where emerging leaders are encouraged, supported, and constantly developing
Our aim with the Leadership initiative is to have the right leaders in the right place at the right time.
We are focusing on:
- Proactively encourage the development of leaders and opening new leadership opportunities
- Encourage everyday leadership
- Supporting all our people to be positive influences in their world
- Clarifying and discerning the leadership requirements for all our expressions
- Developing pathways to leadership