Host a food or toy drive
Christmas can be a difficult time of year for families in need. Every Christmas, we provide food hampers and gifts to bring hope to these families - but we need your help filling them!
How to host a food or toy drive
Organising a food or toy drive is a great way to bring hope to kids and teenagers in need. To host a drive for us:
- Register your drive
- Read our guidelines to find out how we can deliver the best Christmas for people in need
- Find your nearest drop off location or organise a pick up
- Download our free posters to help promote your event
- Donate your items by 18th December so we can distribute all goods in time for Christmas
To ensure we can deliver the best Christmas for people in need, please follow the guidelines below.
- Please do not wrap gifts. This allows parents the special experience of choosing gifts for their kid's unique personalities and interests. Feel free to include some wrapping paper or a gift bag for them to use.
- Please only donate new items. Sadly, the gift you donate may be the only present a child receives this Christmas. We know Christmas isn’t only about receiving gifts, but this is one way we can help families feel special. Your nearest family store or Salvos Store would gladly receive your pre-loved gifts.
- We accept gift vouchers. Gift vouchers mean a parent who is struggling doesn’t miss out on the joy of purchasing a gift for their child. Gift vouchers are an ideal gift for teenagers.
- Long expiry dates and non-perishable
- Think Christmas: people will be receiving these packages as gifts. Buy brand-name products where possible, and maybe include some special items to help people celebrate on Christmas Day.
- Consider providing choices that suit families with young children, people with allergies, the elderly or newcomers to Australia.
Once you've finished your drive, find a drop off location to donate your goods. Check back soon to find more drop off locations.
Promote your food drive with these posters and food suggestions. (2.9MB)