Seven Signs of John
This is a seven week study that will change your life forever.
You can easily do this by yourself or with a small group of 2 or more people. The study is based on the words of John as he writes near the end of his Gospel. "He said, "Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20: 30-31).
Apparantly John selected these seven signs and included them in a particular order for the purpose of opening the eyes of the unbeliever to have faith in the real Christ and gain life in all its fullness.
This study is great for someone who needs purpose, care, attention, a spiritual seeker, new in their faith or someone who wants to know more about the person of Jesus Christ.
How this method works is that the persons you are sharing with are encouraged to read one story a day for a week. Then at the end of the week you meet and discuss four simple questions and discuss the passage.
- Week 1: Changing Water Into Wine (John 2:1-11)
- Week 2: Healing the Royal Official's Son (John 4:46-54)
- Week 3: Healing the paralytic at the pool (John 5:1-18)
- Week 4: Feeding over 5,000 with fish and loaves (John 6:1-14)
- Week 5: Walking on the water (John 6:15-25)
- Week 6: Healing a man born blind (John 9:1-41)
- Week 7: Raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-46)
Discus these questions each week when you come together.
- What does this story say to you about people?
- What does this story say to you about Jesus?
- What does this story have to say about you?
- Who needs to hear this story?
This can be done easily by meeting once a week over a cup of coffee. It is also a great tool for starting organic house churches. The beauty of this ministry tool is that it crosses all cultural barriers because it is simply the Bible speaking for itself. It is a great tool for reproduction as anyone can ask a few easily remembered questions.
If you would like a bookmark of this study with the passages and questions on it then click here 7_signs_of_johnv2.pdf.