First Floor Program
The Salvation Army
11-13 Burelli Street, WOLLONGONG
Survivors of Life is a support group for children of families impacted by drug & alcohol and/or mental health issues. Call (02) 4229 1079 to enquire.
First Floor is a program of The Salvation Army in the Illawarra (NSW) for individuals and families impacted by drug and alcohol and/or mental health issues, and grief & loss. Services provided include counselling, support groups and educational programs. Similar groups run in Sydney area & Canberra.
In essence, if you have a need and would like help, the team would like to hear from you.
The First Floor program offers:
- personal assessment
- drug and alcohol counselling
- facilitated self-help support groups
- family conferencing, involving parents and loved ones in the process of recovery
- case management
- a social network (village)
- Family (& friends) Support Group (VIFs) for those whose loved ones are directly impacted by substance mis-use and/or mental health issues.
- Off Our Rockers (OORf) - for grandparents and other relatives raising children.
- SoL Support for children of families impacted by drug & alcohol and/or mental health issues.
- SoL-Care (during VIFs)
- express yourself for adolescents who have a loved one with an addiction or mental health issue.
- Shared Sentence for those with a loved one in gaol or on parole.
- etc... suicide bereavement group for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- Art 4 Healing exploring recovery through art.
- SMART Recovery a self-help group exploring practical skills to support recovery.
- OHANA a support network for emergency services personnel impacted by trauma.
See Change, (scheduled quarterly), is a 6 session facilitated small group which offers information, understanding and strategies to enhance personal and family wellbeing.
Educational workshops, including financial literacy, parenting, mindfulness and communication, are available.
The First Floor program also seeks to educate others about the impacts of substance mis-use and mental health issues, particularly as experienced by families. Staff and participants are available to speak to families and community groups.
Annual retreats are held for participants in the program.
To enquire about the First Floor Program please call (02) 4229 1079.