Salvation Army Women's Ministries groups cater for the ever-changing role of women.
Come along to one of our Women’s Ministries activities for women of all ages and interests!
Women’s Ministries groups are run regularly by The Salvation Army for women in the community who wish to meet up with other women and have fun, while gaining greater personal fulfilment and an enriched family life.
Flexible range of Christian-based activities
The groups include a flexible range of day-time and evening activities to cater for the ever-changing role of women today:
- Coffee mornings/ evenings
- Craft groups
- Cooking classes
- Bible studies and prayer groups
- Health and fitness
- Discussion groups
- Women's day time groups (Home League)
- Groups for mums and pre-school age children and young mums’ groups.
- Community services
Meetings and groups work around a four-fold program, comprising of:
- Fellowship (social interaction) - meet new people and make new friends.
- Education - enlarge your thinking and learn new skills through discussions, guest speakers, craft classes, tours, demonstrations and drama.
- Service - discover the fulfilment of serving others and making a difference in your community and in the world. Opportunities to participate in Child Sponsorship, local and overseas projects.
- Worship - learn more about God, His love for you and His purpose for your life. Grow spiritually with singing, drama, devotional services, prayer and Bible study.
Open to all women
Women’s Ministries groups are interdenominational and open to all women. Christian belief is not a pre-requisite to membership and there are no age limits.
How to get involved
Women’s Ministries groups are an important part of every local Salvation Army church.
There are number of ways to find a Women’s Ministries group near you: