Camping and conferences
The Salvation Army offers a number of facilities in Sydney for use by other organisations, companies and the wider community. These include:
The Collaroy Centre
A truly international-quality accommodation conference and outdoor education centre on Sydney’s northern beaches providing venue, program, accommodation and meals for school camps, school excursions to Sydney, remote expeditions, church retreats, accommodation for community groups and advanced business training. For more information, navigate to The Collaroy Centre page on our site or visit The Collaroy Centre website at www.collaroycentre.org.au
The Salvation Army Sydney Congress Hall
Located on Elizabeth Street in the Sydney CBD, The Salvation Army’s Sydney Congress Hall Function Centre offers a range of facilities for conferences, training sessions and other functions.
- Conference rooms - various styles and sizes, seating from 15 to 200 people
- Auditorium - 700-seat auditorium with audio and lighting equipment, recording facilities and data projection
- Equipment - whiteboards, overhead projectors and screens, microphones, audio systems, Video/TV/DVD, data projectors and other similar items are available
- Catering - from finger food to sit-down lunches and dinners
For an information pack, phone (02) 9266 9848 between 9:00am and 4:30pm
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canaan School for Training and Development
Canaan School for Training and Development is situated on 400 acres of farm land, consisting of a conference centre, a campground including a large activities shed, camp kitchen, animal nursery , a function hall, and accommodation facilities. The peaceful surroundings and beautiful grounds of Canaan, on the banks of the Bremer and Brisbane Rivers, provide the perfect backdrop to camps, retreats, training days/weekends, and conferences. More information on the Canaan website , salvos.org.au/canaan.
School for Leadership Training, Stanmore
The School for Leadership Training is located in an historic building in the inner-city Sydney suburb of Stanmore. Facilities include:
- Relaxed, ‘retreat style’ environment
- Spacious, comfortable accommodation
- Delicious meals
- Conference rooms
For more information, contact the School for Leadership Training on (02) 9557 1105 during office hours or visit the website.