Will your organisation join us in a win-win business partnership?
The relationship between corporate Australia, The Salvation Army and the community in need is one of the great success stories in the history of charitable giving.
The support we receive from companies has an immediate effect on those who are hungry, homeless, struggling with addiction, and facing crisis or other needs. The Salvos work to give a hand-up rather than a handout, to make permanent and long-lasting changes wherever possible.
These changes have a positive flow-on effect to us as individuals, our employees, and our entire community.
The Salvos’ brand
- The Salvation Army – affectionately known as the Salvos – is one of this country’s best-loved organisations.
- The Salvation Army’s ‘Christianity with its sleeves rolled up’ ethos has endeared it to the Australian public, with 93% of people describing their feelings towards the Salvos as being ‘favourable’ or ‘very favourable’. *
- Eighty-eight percent of Australians say they are familiar with the popular Salvation Army slogan ‘Thank God for The Salvos’, and 82% with The Salvation Army uniform. **
- A trust rating scale used in a 2004 study found The Salvos to be the most trusted organisation in the country. ^
- The Salvation Army was recently named one of the world’s ten most enduring institutions over the past century. ^^
- Research reveals that The Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal has almost total recognition among the Australian public, achieving 92% aided awareness. **
- Similarly, the Red Shield logo is widely recognised, even sought after, by companies wishing to link their brand with this solid emblem of caring social service.
* June 2005 Newspoll study for The Salvation Army
** June 2001 Newspoll study for The Salvation Army
^ 2004 Grey Worldwide, Eye on Australia, Australia.
^^ 2004 Booz Allen Hamilton, World’s Most Enduring Institutions, UK, p9.
How can my Business, clients and staff benefit?
We all benefit from a reduction in poverty, crime and addiction. Many current corporate supporters also report extremely positive benefits in terms of:
- increased customer loyalty
- improved staff morale and team-building
- positive name branding
- a general ‘feel good’ factor in fulfilling social responsibility
How can my business get involved?
In partnership with The Salvation Army, you can support the community through:
- Cash gifts or donations
- Payroll deductions and gift matching
- Staff fundraising
- Volunteering and collecting for the Red Shield Doorknock
- Pro bono services
Supporting the Salvos can be rewarding and satisfying. To become part of our caring community of business supporters, please contact:
The Corporate and Business Director
140 Elizabeth St
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph. 02 9266 9690