Our Student Centre page is designed to make your research as easy and productive as possible!
We know that The Salvation Army is an extremely popular subject for school assignments and research papers.
That's why we've created a page to specifically cater for the needs of students. Here you'll find a useful guide to help you navigate our website with the smallest possible hassle and the best possible results.
If you need to ask questions, don't forget to check out our 'Want more info?' student enquiries guide. Good luck with your research!
The Salvation Army has produced a student information booklet specifically to answer most of the questions frequently asked by high school students. You can find out about our mission, our history, and get a general overview of Salvation Army traditions, beliefs and activities. The booklet is in PDF format and can be downloaded either as a whole or by individual chapter.
You can also find similar information in the About Us section.
What do we do?
The Salvation Army offers assistance to thousands of Australians in many different ways. The Our Services page provides a brief snapshot of all the different ways that The Salvation Army helps people and also has links off to more detailed information.
Alternatively, if you know what you're looking for then you can go directly to our Need Help? section. These pages are not written primarily for students, however we're sure you'll still find lots of useful information.
Here are a collection of links to the pages that students are often looking for:
- Student information booklet
- How we help - How many people do the Salvos actually help?
- Our Beliefs - What does The Salvation Army as a Christian denomination believe?
- Our Mission - Read The Salvation Army's mission statement
- Our Services - A list of some of the different things the Salvos do in NSW, QLD and ACT
- Our Structure & Leadership- An overview of The Salvation Army's structure
- Our Terminology - An insight into some internal lingo.
- Volunteering - Links to some of the easiest ways to get involved with us.
- On the Scene - Featuring current stories and case studies of our work in Australia.
- 125 years in Australia - Gain an insight into the history of the Salvos locally.
- Further reading - A starting point for finding some of the best books ever written on The Salvation Army.
Want more info?
Our Want more info? page is essential reading if you need to ask further questions or interview a person from The Salvation Army. The page contains a few simple guidelines for contacting us and also has tips for conducting a successful interview. We'd love to hear from you!
Check out our sister-site www.salvationarmy.org.au for information specific to areas outside of NSW, QLD and the ACT.